PDA

View Full Version : ‘Watch who you look at’: (Black) Man sucker-punched White - calling him “white cracker a–”

The Bobster
02-07-2016, 04:44 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/watch-who-you-look-at-man-recounts-subway-sucker-punch/

‘Watch who you look at’: Man recounts subway sucker-punch
By Tina Moore
February 7, 2016 | 2:21pm

A 44-year-old man was sucker-punched at a Brooklyn subway station by an attacker who said, “Watch who you look at!” and then spewed racial hatred, police sources said Sunday.

Randy Aveille, 44, told The Post that he had just gotten off the subway with his girlfriend and was headed to the steps when a man came from behind and began hitting him in his face.

“I was blindsided by a guy who started hitting my face,” Aveille said. “I was walking, and as I was approaching the steps, somebody came from behind me.”

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/img_07621.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=300&strip=all
Randy Aveille’s eye

Aveille said he was so dazed after being struck he didn’t remember what his attacker said, but his fiancee heard the man.

“My fiancee said he said, ‘Watch who you look at,’ ” Avielle said.

Aveille said a blonde woman tried to get the attacker to stick around but he refused.

Then, “He spat in [the woman’s] face and said, ‘You don’t belong here. This is a black neighborhood,’” Avielle said, quoting the woman.

Originally from Florida, Aveille has lived in Brooklyn for two years, he said. He works at American Express and is an amateur photographer.

“I don’t know what to think,” he said. “One minute I’m sitting on the train minding my own business and the next I’m being assaulted. If you’re just looking at somebody and somebody’s looking at you, is that a cause for them to assault you?”

The Bobster
02-11-2016, 03:36 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/02/11/black-assailant-knocks-white-man-to-ground-shouts-this-is-for-malcolm-x-cracker/

Black assailant knocks white man to ground, shouts, ‘This is for Malcolm X, cracker!’
By Natalie Musumeci
February 11, 2016 | 12:05pm

The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating a possible anti-white bias attack in Brooklyn — the second in a week.

A 51-year-old man walking along Nostrand Avenue near Glenwood Road in Flatbush was forcefully knocked to the ground by a 6-foot-1 black man around 3:40 p.m. Monday, police sources said.

The victim told investigators that the assailant shouted, “This is for Malcolm X, cracker!” as he fell to the ground, sources said.

The man suffered pain in his neck, back and left shoulder, but refused medical attention at the scene.

Police are also investigating another possible bias attack on Sunday involving a man who allegedly sucker-punched straphanger Randy Aveille, 44, at the Church Avenue subway station at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 5 and spewed racial hatred at him.

Cops released surveillance video of Aveille’s attacker on Wednesday in hopes of tracking him down.

Authorities are investigating whether the attacks are related, sources said.

Aveille told The Post on Sunday that he had just gotten off the subway with his girlfriend and was headed to the steps when a man came from behind and began pummeling him in his face.

“I was blindsided by a guy who started hitting my face,” Aveille said. “I was walking, and as I was approaching the steps, somebody came from behind me.”

He said his fiancée heard the man say, “Watch who you look at!”

The Bobster
05-18-2016, 06:00 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/05/18/hate-crime-punch-suspect-refuses-to-leave-cell-for-arraignment/

Hate-crime punch suspect refuses to leave cell for arraignment
By Emily Saul
May 18, 2016 | 7:21pm

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/randy_aveille_01a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Kevin Raphel was arrested after punching Randy Aveille (pictured) in Feb​ruary. Photo: Dennis A. Clark

A Brooklyn racist arrested for punching a waiting commuter in the head and calling him “white cracker a–” refused to leave his cell in order to be arraigned on hate crime charges Wednesday.

“I don’t care, I can arraign him today, I can arraign him tomorrow, I can arraign him in two years,” a miffed Brooklyn judge Danny Chun mumbled after a court officer informed him Kevin Raphel was refusing to leave the holding cell.

Raphel was nabbed in February after punching Randy Aveille in the back of the head as he stood on the subway platform at the Church Ave station in Flatbush.

As Aveille lay on the ground, his horrified fiancee Caroline Davis followed Raphel out of the subway to ask why he’d just randomly attacked them.

He spit in her face before turning to point at her still prostrate fiancee.

“Get his white cracker a** off the floor, this is a black neighborhood, you don’t belong here,” the 37-year-old spat.

Raphel, who is African American, could be heard yelling through the walls Wednesday as his attorney, Gary Farrell, attempted to address the court.

“He won’t speak with me,” Farrell told Chun, adding that his client appeared to be a bit of a “conspiracy theorist.”

“I even Fed-Exed him commissary money, because I figured he needed it, and he’s still refusing to meet with me,” Farrell added.

Raphel is awaiting arraignment on charges of assault as a hate crime, harassment, and menacing.

He’s due back in court May 24.