PDA

View Full Version : Update: Crazed black ex-footballer charged with 'random' machete attack on a (White) jogger

mkultra
10-13-2015, 05:25 AM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Jogger-Attacked-Killed-in-North-Dallas-Park-332022712.html

(video of coonession @ link)
Suspect Confesses to Park Murder, Was 'Angry,' Police Say

A man tells Dallas police he was angry Monday morning when he picked a jogger at random in a popular Northeast Dallas park and attacked him with a "large-edged weapon," killing him.

An eyewitness to the brutal killing, identified only as Brandon, told NBC 5 he was cycling along the White Rock Creek Trail at Harry Moss Park when he saw a man hacking another man with a machete where the trail passes underneath the Walnut Hill Lane overpass.

During a news conference Monday afternoon, Dallas police Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin said 21-year-old Thomas Johnson admitted to killing a man at the park and then calling 911 from a nearby equestrian center to report a stabbing.

Police confirmed to NBC 5 that Johnson played football at Texas A&M in 2012.

After receiving several reports of a stabbing at the park, emergency responders arrived and transported the victim to nearby Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

Sherwin was not sure if Johnson admitted to the crime when he called 911 or if he simply notified police a crime had taken place, but said Johnson later admitted to his role in the man's death.

"It appears that Mr. Johnson picked this victim at random. It's absolutely random. He just attacked him. He told our homicide detectives that he was angry about a situation and he just picked somebody to murder," Sherwin said. "I believe there's more to that story. It's just very unusual. It's quite shocking."

The victim, who was not carrying any identification, has yet to be identified by police. Sherwin said the victim is a white man between 25- and 30-years-old and that police need help making a positive identification.

Sherwin said Johnson has a criminal history but that it didn't appear he had any history of violent crime. Johnson has been arrested and will be charged with murder, police said.

Brandon, who happened upon the alleged murder in progress as he rode his bicycle, said he saw the man strike his victim six or seven times with the machete.

"As I get closer and closer I could tell it was a machete and there are repeated blows that are occurring. As I get closer, I could see what’s being hit is a person, laying face down on the ground," Brandon said. "It was apparent to me by the time I got close that there was nothing that could be done for the person."

Brandon said the killer yelled in his direction as he rode past the attack.

"I heard a little bit of a yell from behind. I assume it was the guy with the machete yelling to stop," Brandon said. "I just kept going and I just kept going."

Johnson played for Texas A&M in 2012. He had three catches for 22 yards in A&M's 29-24 win at top-ranked Alabama. He disappeared a few days later and wasn't seen until he appeared at his family's Dallas home three days later.

Jail records don't list an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

Lack of Lighting Creates 'Scary Spots' in City Park

Many bike riders and joggers who use the White Rock Creek Trail said it’s a "hidden gem" of the Parks & Recreations system :rolleyes:but there are also several spots that feel unsafe — especially when the trail hits an overpass.

Brandon told NBC 5 he'd taken hundreds of rides on the trail and that he'd often thought the underpasses were a 'scary spot.'

"To actually come across something like this in that scary spot is crazy. It seems like something that needs to be addressed, maybe with additional lighting," Brandon said. "Then again, it could be a completely crazy person who did something crazy and how do you stop that?"

"I have to run with a headlamp along that trail, and I have a flashing light on my arm just so cyclists can see me because, it’s pitch black. Especially when you go under the overpasses, it’s extremely dark. It’s the only way I can see what’s in front of me,” said Lee Hunt, who runs frequently on the trail.

Hunt said the trails can remain dark long after the sun comes up.

"I hope that after this attack they definitely consider some illumination under the overpasses because there’s none at the moment. Fair Oaks, Skillman, Walnut Hill. It’s pitch black in those spots," he said. "There are so many runners and riders out there every morning."

Marc Mumby is a member of the Friends of the White Rock Creek Trail community organization and a daily bike rider. He said news of the attack "horrified" him but he hopes people don’t get the mistaken impression that the trail is dangerous.

"It’s always disturbing to hear something like this," he said. "It’s just unfortunate that it happened on the trail. A place where people go for recreation and fun and get out in a little bit of nature. It’s not going to spoil it but it makes you a little wary."

Mumby said his group is considering putting up fliers or updating its website with safety tips, but is waiting to hear more information about the police investigation.

Four miles away, Dallas police were investigating another homicide where an 18 year old's body, showing "obvious signs of homicidal violence," was pulled from a car that was found in a creek. Sherwin said Monday afternoon that the cases are not connected.

717 AM

The Bobster
10-13-2015, 06:57 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/10/13/johnny-manziel-receiver-admits-to-randomly-killing-jogger/

Johnny Manziel receiver admits to randomly killing jogger
By Associated Press
October 13, 2015 | 9:23am

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/aandmkiller.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Thomas Johnson, catching a pass for Texas A&M in a 2012 game against Dee Milliner (back) and Alabama, admitted he killed a jogger in Dallas in a random act of rage.
Photo: Getty Images

DALLAS — Police say former Texas A&M wide receiver Thomas Johnson has admitted to randomly attacking and killing a man on a Dallas jogging trail.

Dallas police Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin says Johnson admitted to killing the jogger with a “large-edged weapon” in a random act of rage on the White Rock Creek Trail early Monday.

Johnson was arrested after calling 911 from a nearby equestrian center.

Johnson is being held without bond. Jail records don’t list an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

Authorities haven’t released the victim’s name.

Johnson played for the Aggies in 2012, when Johnny Manziel won the Heisman Trophy as the team’s quarterback. Johnson had three catches for 22 yards in A&M’s 29-24 win at top-ranked Alabama. He disappeared a few days later and wasn’t seen until he appeared at his family’s Dallas home three days later.

voiceofreason
10-13-2015, 07:16 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/12/man-stabbed-death-white-rock-trail-dallas/73820196/

Police: Fatal machete attack on White Rock trail random
WFAA 10:18 p.m. CDT October 12, 2015

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f5165edfa19bcf273643df7b3770f5690bca06dd/r=x404&c=534x401/http/cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/d8e380ec36d0e7f2372691925b5fc155761f2020/c=99-0-596-374/local/-/media/2015/10/12/WFAA/WFAA/635802721245707163-1012whiterock.jpg

DALLAS – Authorities have identified the man who hacked to death a jogger on the White Rock Creek Trail as a former Aggies receiver who went missing for a short period back in 2012.

The jogger was out for his morning run on the trail when he was randomly targeted by 21-year-old Thomas Johnson, police say,

Investigators said the victim, a white man between 25 and 30 years old, was killed in the attack and had no identification on him.

"He was found on the trail with injuries consistent with a large-edged weapon," said Deputy Chief Rob Sherwin, with Dallas police.

Investigators said Johnson admitted to the crime and was apparently upset about being evicted from his home recently.

Gman
10-13-2015, 05:56 PM
GD I hate the word "random" when used in a crime like this!!!!!!!!!

voiceofreason
10-14-2015, 09:02 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/10/13/man-accused-stabbing-jogger-had-history-police/73896240/

Man accused of stabbing jogger had history with police
11:29 p.m. CDT October 13, 2015

DALLAS — Police have identified the man stabbed to death during a jog Monday at White Rock Lake.

Authorities identified the victim as 53-year-old David Stevens.

Meanwhile, his alleged killer faces a murder charge.

He was a star player for Texas A & M and a superstar at Dallas Skyline High School. But three years ago, Thomas Johnson began spiraling out of control.

In 2012, he disappeared from Texas A & M after the team had just played Alabama. His mother pleaded for help to find him.

"I'm just asking anyone to just provide any information," Linda Hanks told the media as a search for her son was underway.

A few days later, he was found rambling on the streets of Dallas. In documents obtained by News 8 back in 2012, police say Thomas "was talking about his religious beliefs."

Police believed he was on drugs and determined he was a danger to himself and others. He was taken to a mental hospital for evaluation.

His mother told News 8 in 2012 that Thomas was a man of faith and tried to fight his demons with religion.

"Thomas has been building a relationship with Christ and has been really strong in the last couple of months," she said. "So I know God is in it."

Since then, he's been in and out of trouble. In court records, his aunt says that last year he broke into her day care in Duncanville and stole her car.

At the time, she told police Thomas "had been causing problems in the family for a long period of time, and most recently at this residence."

Johnson was also arrested in the last year for drug possession. Now he's accused of using a machete-like knife to stab a man to death. Police say he then borrowed a man's cell phone to call 911 and confess to the crime.

An arrest affidavit says he told police "he left a man lying on the ground with sword in his head."

The Bobster
10-14-2015, 10:39 AM
http://www.vdare.com/letters/a-legal-professional-asks-why-black-on-white-murders-are-called-random

A Legal Professional Asks Why Black-On-White Murders Are Called “Random”
October 13, 2015, 8:18 pm

Police are calling this stabbing, by what the deadline describes as an ex “football star” as random.

The jogger, who was not been identified at this time, was transported to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and he died of injuries ‘consistent with a large-edged weapon’, NBC Dallas reported.

Deputy Sherwin said: ‘It appears that Mr Johnson picked this victim at random.

‘It’s absolutely random. He just attacked him. He told our homicide detectives that he was angry about a situation and he just picked somebody to murder.

Yes, complete and utterly “random.” :rolleyes:

Could we please get a full description of the victim (i.e. was it a random white person) before we accept this conclusion, which the authorities clearly want us to swallow without question?

More to the point: how would you describe the “typical” male jogger? (Runners are as likely to be white as golfers.) And shouldn’t that be enough to raise the question and perhaps dig a little deeper into the motive of a person who was purportedly normal up to that point?

Update: If you watch this video, you can hear Deputy Sherwin say “random” repeatedly, and at the end of the video, newswoman Bianca Castro said that police wanted help identifying the victim–a white male, 20 to 25 years old.

voiceofreason
10-14-2015, 09:56 PM
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/slain-white-rock-lake-jogger-remembered-as-kind-hardworking-engineer.html/

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/10/david-stevens.jpg
David Stevens is shown here running in last year’s Dallas Marathon. He was jogging on White Rock Lake trail Monday (Oct. 12, 2015) when he was hacked to death by a troubled former Texas A&M football player, police say. (Photo provided)

voiceofreason
10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/10/26/wife-of-slain-jogger-found-dead-in-suspected-suicide/74627934/

Wife of slain jogger found dead in suspected suicide
WFAA 2:01 p.m. CDT October 26, 2015

DALLAS -- The widow of Dave Stevens, the jogger murdered on White Rock Trail earlier this month, has been found dead in a suspected suicide.

The Dallas County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday morning that Patti Stevens was found dead Sunday in her Sunnyvale garage. Foul play is not suspected.

Gman
10-26-2015, 05:06 PM
I noticed the photo of the white jogger show him wearing headphones. That is not a good idea. Niggers can come right on you and you have no idea they are even close to you because you are listening to some BS music while you should be paying attention to your surroundings. Live and learn here, white joggers!

voiceofreason
10-27-2015, 07:05 AM
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/patti-stevens-wife-of-slain-white-rock-runner-took-her-own-life-police-say.html/

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/10/patti2.jpg
Dave and Patti Stevens married in 1990 in Michigan. Dave was slain Oct. 12 randomly while running around White Rock Lake. Patti took her own life on Oct. 25, police said. (Stevens family photo)

The Bobster
10-27-2015, 08:10 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/10/26/wife-of-jogger-slain-by-football-player-commits-suicide-police/

Wife of jogger killed by football player commits suicide: police
By Reuters
October 26, 2015 | 5:54pm

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/joggoer-kill.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Former Texas A&M football player Thomas Johnson (left) is accused of killing Dave Stevens (at right with wife Patti) on a hiking trail. Police said his wife was found dead on Monday of an apparent suicide. Photo: AP (left)

AUSTIN, Texas — The wife of a jogger who was slashed to death on a popular Dallas hiking trail this month has died of an apparent suicide, police said on Monday, nearly two weeks after the killing in which a former Texas A&M football player has been charged.

The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office said Patti Stevens, 54, was found dead in the garage of her home on Sunday by officers responding to a call seeking a check on her welfare.

The body of Stevens’ husband, Dave Stevens, 53, was discovered on October 12 at White Rock Creek Trail with injuries consistent with a “large blade knife” attack, according to police.

Thomas Johnson, 21, a wide receiver on the Texas A&M football team in 2012, was arrested shortly after the attack and confessed to killing the jogger, Dallas police said.

Patti Stevens told The Dallas Morning News last week that she had not been able to eat or sleep since learning of her husband’s death.

“Dave was the love of my life and I’m lost without him,” she said in an interview with the newspaper on Oct. 19.

Johnson was a freshman wide receiver for Texas A&M who went missing from the College Station campus in November 2012, a few days after catching three passes in the Aggies’ upset victory over then-No. 1 Alabama.

Johnson resurfaced three days later unharmed in Dallas and never returned to play college football. He had been a standout football player at Dallas Skyline High School. After leaving A&M, he was arrested and charged with burglary and auto theft in Dallas County in 2014.

voiceofreason
04-06-2016, 04:32 AM
http://www.fox4news.com/news/117835247-story

Former A&M football player found incompetent to stand trial in machete murder case
Updated:Apr 05 2016 10:06PM CDT

The former Texas A&M football player accused of murdering a runner with a machete will not go to trial after a recent ruling found Thomas Johnson mentally incompetent.

Relatives say Thomas was diagnosed with schizophrenia before he allegedly hacked Dave Stevens to death on the White Rock Lake trail in Dallas in October 2015

Jennifer Balido represents Thomas. She says he will be sent to North Texas State Hospital for up to 120 days for treatment and evaluation. Balido presumes Thomas can be made well enough to help in his defense which could involve the argument that he was insane at the time of the murder.