PDA

View Full Version : Bratton grilled by Blacktivist over cop’s ‘guns are quicker than 911’ shirt

The Bobster
03-22-2016, 07:52 AM
http://nypost.com/2016/03/21/bratton-grilled-over-cops-guns-are-quicker-than-911-shirt/

Bratton grilled over cop’s ‘guns are quicker than 911’ shirt
By Rich Calder, Shawn Cohen and Bruce Golding
March 21, 2016 | 10:49pm

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/gunshirt.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Bill Bratton was grilled over a cop wearing a shirt depicted on the poster above. Photo: R. Umar Abbasi; Rich Calder

NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton got blindsided at Monday’s budget hearing by a Brooklyn pol’s complaints about a cop she said wore an offensive T-shirt in her district.

During her questioning of Bratton, Democratic Councilwoman Inez "I Slap Whitey Too" Barron unexpectedly unveiled a poster she said showed the message that appeared in two columns on the cop’s garment.

“.22, .380, 9 mm, .40, .45 — ALL FASTER THAN DIALING 911,” the poster read, with the handgun calibers printed in white and the word in red.

Barron said the cop was spotted wearing the shirt outside the headquarters of Police Service Area 2, which covers 42 Brooklyn housing projects, and she described him as “an undercover police officer…getting ready to go out on duty.”

She said the shirt’s message “brings disrespect to our community,” and called it “totally unacceptable” that a cop would “have the audacity to put it on and go out in our community.” :rolleyes:

She also demanded to know if the cop had been disciplined. :mad:

Bratton told Barron that he was unaware of the incident, but afterward told reporters that it took place in August and “was addressed to her satisfaction.”

“My understanding is that it was addressed by the PSA commander and it was known by the chief of housing, so that is a pretty high level of involvement on this issue,” he said.

Barron later denied that she was satisfied with the resolution of the matter, saying that “if there was a meeting, I was not there and no one from my staff was there.” :headbash:

An NYPD source said the cop was actually leaving work after finishing his shift, and agreed not to wear the shirt to work again when he was informally admonished.

Other cops in PSA 2 also got a warning at roll call not to wear clothing that could be considered offensive, the source said.