PDA

View Full Version : Protesters flip off NYPD days after cop slay - win $52K for their obscenity

The Bobster
10-26-2015, 06:17 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/10/24/quentin-tarantino-marches-in-police-terror-rally/

Protesters flip off NYPD days after cop slay
By Amanda Lozada
October 24, 2015 | 10:01pm

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/102415protest21rm.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=835
Protesters block traffic during an organized protest against police brutality .
Photo: Robert Miller

Just four days after the on-duty murder of a hero NYPD street cop, a rally in Washington Square Park against “police terror” devolved Saturday into a raucous, law-enforcement gripe-fest.

Protesters held signs reading “Rise Up! Stop Police Terror!” and “Murder with a badge is still murder.”

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/102415protest3rm.jpg?w=300&quality=100&strip=all
Quentin Tarantino speaks at the “police terror” rally on Saturday.

“No racist police!” some among the crowd of 300 protesters for the “Rise Up October” chanted, before the rally spilled out of the park and up Fifth Avenue to Times Square.

The NYPD arrested 11 protesters, charging most of them with disorderly conduct, obstructing vehicular traffic and failing to disperse. At least one was charged with resisting arrest.

Director Quentin Tarantino fired up the crowd by complaining that cops are too often “murderers.”

“When I see murders, I do not stand by . . . I have to call a murder a murder and I have to call the murderers the murderers,” the “Pulp Fiction” auteur blathered to a cheering rally-goers.

As he spoke, Tarantino held up a blown-up photograph of Justin Smith, an Oklahoma man killed in police custody in 1999 after spitting on cops.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/102415protest19rm.jpg?w=300&quality=100&strip=all

His words came just four days after the Tuesday-night murder of NYPD Officer Randolph Holder, the brave cop who was shot in the forehead while pursuing a gunman on foot through the streets of East Harlem.

Asked about the timing of the rally, Tarantino told The Post, “It’s like this: It’s unfortunate timing, but we’ve flown in all these families to go and tell their stories . . . That cop that was killed, that’s a tragedy, too.”

Activist professor Cornel West told the crowd that the purpose of the rally was still “love” for the victims of cops.

“We’re here because we have a deep love for those who have been abused by the police. Don’t get it twisted — this is a love train!” West told the crowd.

The Bobster
10-30-2015, 09:51 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/10/30/even-quentin-tarantinos-dad-thinks-hes-a-jerk-for-making-anti-cop-comments/

Even Quentin Tarantino’s dad thinks he’s a jerk for anti-cop comments
By Yaron Steinbuch
October 30, 2015 | 10:13am

Quentin Tarantino’s estranged father has joined cops nationwide in assailing the embattled director for his anti-cop comments just days after Officer Randolph Holder was gunned down.

“I love my son and have great respect for him as an artist but he is dead wrong in calling police officers, particularly in New York City where I grew up, murderers,” Tony Tarantino said in a statement.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/492144472.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=300&strip=all
Tony Tarantino
Photo: Getty Images

“He is a passionate man and that comes out in his art but sometimes he lets his passion blind him to the facts and to reality. I believe that is what happened when he joined in those anti-cop protests.”

The elder Tarantino joined the fray after police across the country — including those with the LAPD and the Philadelphia Police Department – have condemned the “Pulp Fiction” director and called for a boycott of his films.

Tarantino called cops “murderers” Saturday while addressing a crowd of protesters in Washington Square Park.

“I wish he would take a hard, dispassionate look at the facts before jumping to conclusions and making these kinds of hurtful mistakes that dishonor an honorable profession,” his dad said.

“We have many friends and relatives who have served honorably in the NYPD and the LAPD and clearly, they risk their lives to keep the rest of us safe. Cops are not murderers, they are heroes.”

Quentin described a nonexistent relationship with his dad during a 2010 interview.

“Well, I never knew my father,” the actor told The Telegraph before accusing his dad of breaking into acting by capitalizing on his own success.

“He wanted to be an actor,” he told the paper “Now he’s an actor only because he has my last name. But he was never part of my life. I didn’t know him. I’ve never met him.”

PBA President Patrick J. Lynch said: “We are very grateful to Tony Tarantino for having the courage to speak out and support the police. It is not easy criticizing someone you care about. But his son, Quentin Tarantino, has insulted the very people who protect his freedom of speech and who facilitate the making of his films.”

Queens-born Tony Tarantino, also an actor and film maker, credits local police officers and his involvement in the Police Athletic League for setting him straight as a youngster.

The Bobster
11-05-2015, 06:08 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/11/05/tarantino-continues-bashing-cops-thinks-theres-a-white-supremacy-problem-in-us/

Tarantino continues bashing cops, thinks there’s a ‘white supremacy’ problem in US
By Todd Venezia
November 5, 2015 | 1:28am

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/tarantino-police_protest1.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Quentin "Mac Tonight" Tarantino participates in a rally to protest against police brutality in New York. Photo: AP

Quentin Tarantino again called police officers killers during an interview Wednesday night, citing the deaths of fat nigger Eric Garner on Staten Island and a 12-year-old boy in Cleveland last year as examples of “murderous” cops — and adding a claim of “white supremacy” to his incendiary rhetoric.

“In those cases . . . I actually do believe they were murdered,” Tarantino told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes.

The filmmaker first publicly called cops “murderers” during a protest in Washington Square Park on Oct. 24. He said on Wednesday that the organizers, RiseUpOctober, reached out to him because of statements he had made and because he believes there is “a problem of white supremacy in this country.”

Tarantino focused on NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who was not charged in the July 2014 death of Garner.

“In the case of Eric Garner, in the case of Tamir Rice: I believe they were murders but they were exonerated,” he said.

Pantaleo, who placed Garner in a chokehold, was not indicted by a grand jury convened by then-Staten Island District Attorney Dan Donovan.

Rice, 12, was carrying a pellet gun when a police officer shot him in a Cleveland park last November. He died the next day. The shooting was deemed reasonable by experts in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.

On MSNBC, Tarantino referred to the deadly police shootings of two other black men.

“Now in the case of Walter Scott . . . in the case of Sam DuBose: I believe those were murder and they were deemed murder; and the only reason they were deemed murder is because those incidents were caught on video,” Tarantino said. “However, if they were not caught on video, the murderers would have gotten away with their murder.”

Scott was shot in the back by a South Carolina cop last April. The cop was charged with murder.

DuBose was shot in July by a cop in Cincinnati while sitting in his car. After bodycam footage was released, that officer, Ray Tensing, was charged with murder.

The “Kill Bill” director also hit back at critics such as Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch, who has called for a nationwide police boycott of his movies.

“They want to demonize me. They want to slander me — because they want me to shut up,” Tarantino said.

“It’s much easier to feign outrage and start arguments with celebrities than is it to deal with the fact that the citizenry has lost trust in them.”

Police unions have called for a boycott of Tarantino’s next film, “The Hateful Eight,” slated for release on Christmas Day.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zfASUWf3psA/maxresdefault.jpg

The Bobster
12-15-2015, 05:00 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/12/15/nypd-union-slams-anti-cop-rants-in-chilling-holiday-message/

NYPD union slams anti-cop rants in chilling holiday message
By Tina Moore and Bob Fredericks
December 15, 2015 | 4:18pm

The NYPD sergeants’ union on Tuesday released a compelling video challenging the Black Lives Matter movement — and singling out Quentin Tarantino and the Rev. Al Sharpton for their anti-cop rants.

“Black lives do matter, just like all lives matter. That has never been in dispute, nor should it ever be,” the narrator says as images of riots and cop-hating BLM protesters chanting “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon” appear onscreen.

“Violence is nothing to celebrate, it is a cancer that knows no bounds. As it metastasizes, fiction becomes fact.”

Photos appear of Sharpton and Tarantino, who stirred outrage in October when he called cops murderers — just days after NYPD Officer Randolph Holder was fatally gunned down by a career criminal in Harlem.

Sergeants Benevolent Association President Ed Mullins and others in law enforcement have been calling for a boycott of the unrepentant Hollywood loudmouth’s latest ultra-violent flick, “The Hateful Eight.”

“Taking it to the street takes on profound, and preposterous meanings. Violence begets violence, driven by distorted truth delivered by misguided messengers and phony prophets,” the voice continues, as somber music slowly builds.

“You think we’re lying? We’re not,” the narrator continues as an image of a woman, her face hidden by a scarf, holds a sign reading “All my heroes kill cops.”

The video then cuts to an image of Detective Jorge Lozano, one of the first responders to the Islamist terror attack in San Bernardino earlier this month.

“All lives really do matter. Don’t believe us?” the narrator asks before the screen shows Lozano’s words.

“I said to them just to kinda calm down and relax, that we were going to do everything we can to get them out of that building safely. It’s nothing short of what any other person in law enforcement would do. I don’t feel like a hero whatsoever. Any one of the 300 people that were there would have said the same thing. That’s our job to put ourselves in the line of danger to protect our community,” the California detective said.

The words “Det. Lozano never considered the race of the people he rescued!” then appear on the screen.

The video then notes that “from 2000 to the present, 2576 police officers in the United States have lost their lives in the performance of their duties. In 2015 alone, 116 police officers have been killed in the line of duty. The legions of naysayers have it wrong.”

Finally it asks, “How many people would take a bullet to protect a perfect stranger” over the image of a bullet. “Police officers do it every day.”

The two-minute, 45-second video ends by urging people to, “In the spirit of Christmas, thank a police officer serving your community today.”

Mullins said the video would be shared with police unions across the US.

The Bobster
01-14-2016, 06:26 PM
http://pagesix.com/2016/01/14/cops-take-credit-for-hateful-eight-bombing/?_ga=1.179980066.724376420.1409432959

Police: We’re why ‘The Hateful Eight’ is bombing at box office
By Richard Johnson
January 14, 2016 | 4:54pm

https://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/545692946.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1
Quentin Tarantino takes part in a march against police brutality in October. Photo: AFP/Getty Images

Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” is a box-office disaster :D, and the police officers who boycotted the movie are taking credit for its disappointing ticket sales.

The violent Western was released on Christmas Day and has grossed $42.9 million so far. At this rate, it’s set to barely pass its production budget of $50 million — meaning big losses for the Weinstein Co., which spent another $25 million to $35 million on prints and promotion.

Police Benevolent Association President Patrick J. Lynch, the first union official to call for a boycott of the film, said, “With nearly one million law enforcement officers in this country who have families and friends who support them, the impact that police have economically on a product or project is immense. The law enforcement boycott of cop-hater Quentin Tarantino’s movie is one demonstration of that economic power.”

Lynch called for the boycott after Tarantino spoke at a Oct. 24 anti-cop rally in New York. “I’m a human being with a conscience,” Tarantino said. “And when I see murder I cannot stand by . . . I have to call the murderers the murderers.”

The boycott spread across the country from one police department to the next.

“Can we take full credit for the stinker’s failure?” Lynch said. “Well, one thing we can attest to is that many, many good citizens have told us that they were offended by Tarantino’s ignorant, anti-police remarks and, as a result, have refused to spend their money on this movie.”

Whitebear
01-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Occupy protesters arrested for flipping bird at NYPD officers win $52K (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/21/occupy-protesters-arrested-for-flipping-bird-at-ny/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS)