View Full Version : Mudshark presumed dead after missing for 2 years; Jiggaboo Johnson arrested - pleads guilty

08-31-2012, 09:59 AM

St. Johns woman presumed dead after missing for 2 years; boyfriend arrested
Posted: August 28, 2012 - 2:26pm | Updated: August 29, 2012 - 6:28am

http://jax-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/11499461.jpg http://jax-cdn.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/11499462.jpg

Nearly two years since a St. Johns County woman’s suspicious disappearance, her location remains a mystery. Tuesday, authorities arrested her former boyfriend on a second-degree murder charge.

Timothy Lee Johnson, 42, of Palatka was charged after a grand jury heard his case Monday and an indictment was issued, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Rebecca Ann Ware hadn’t been seen since she left her job at St. Augustine’s Hydro America aluminum company Oct. 29, 2010. Her Ford Focus was found a week later in a Publix parking lot on U.S. 1, about a half-mile from her home in St. Augustine Shores.

Although she’s never been found, evidence revealed foul play and linked Johnson to her presumed death, the Sheriff’s Office said.

“It will be a difficult case obviously without a body, but there is very telling information in that indictment,” said Sgt. Chuck Mulligan. He said the indictment was unsealed when Johnson was arrested Tuesday in Putnam County.

Information from the indictment and arrest warrant said Ware died between Oct. 29 and Nov. 1, 2010, at 175 Phoenetia Drive in the Shores development.

Pursuing murder charges when investigators do not have a victim’s body is unusual, Mulligan said.

“There’s a lot of elements behind the scene that have not been made public,” he said.

Ware, 34 at the time of her disappearance, had a history of abusive relationships and three children. She was planning on moving the weekend she went missing. She and Johnson had been living together and had some domestic issues.

01-12-2016, 07:40 AM

Boyfriend pleads guilty in missing woman's death
Rebecca Ware disappeared in October 2010; boyfriend pleads guilty to murder
Posted: 6:40 PM, January 11, 2016

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - The boyfriend of a woman reported missing in Octoboer 2010 has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in her death.

Timothy Johnson was sentenced to 19 years in prison for the murder of Rebecca Ware.

A St. Johns County grand jury indicted Johnson on the second-degree murder charge in 2012.

Ware, 34, was last seen Oct. 29, 2010, when she left her workplace, Hydro Aluminum North America, in St. Augustine Shores. Her car was found in a Publix parking lot in St. Augustine. Her body still has not been found.

Johnson was named a person of interest in Ware's disappearance. The last anyone saw of Ware, she and Johnson were arguing.

According to court documents, Johnson told witnesses that he disposed of Ware's body in the Rodman Reservoir.