PDA

View Full Version : Armored car driver shot in head during robbery at Publix in Altamonte Springs, FL by a negro

voiceofreason
10-22-2015, 11:32 PM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/cash-carrier-shot-in-head-outside-publix-in-altamonte-springs/35989728

Armored car driver shot in head during robbery at Publix in Altamonte Springs
Police search for robber, getaway driver; Incident 'could be homicide case,' police say
Updated On: Oct 22 2015 10:47:18 PM EDT

http://www.clickorlando.com/image/view/-/35990766/medRes/1/-/h/180/maxh/67/maxw/120/w/320/-/9vin63/-/publix-suspect-JPG.jpg

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. -

A Loomis-Fargo armored truck driver is in critical condition after being shot in the head and robbed Thursday afternoon at a Publix in Altamonte Springs, police said.

The assailants remain on the run after abandoning a getaway car nearby. Police said the incident could become a homicide case.

The worker was shot in the lobby of Publix, which is on State Road 436 at Palm Springs Drive. Fire officials said they received a call about a 25-year-old victim.

According to Altamonte Springs police, the cash carrier was ambushed by a man who fired multiple shots before stealing a bag of money.

"He was alert, conscious and able to talk to investigators to describe exactly what happened, of course. His recollection was very good because we have witnessed and viewed video on CCTV, which is exactly how he described it," Altamonte Springs police spokesperson Lt. Rob Pelton said.

The courier shot was the original driver upon arriving. Police said they are always two-person units, so when one person exits to go get money there is a second person in the truck.

The second person became the driver after the shooting and, per protocol, drove away to where the truck was parked until police arrived, officials said.

"As I got through the second door, that is when I heard the gunshots," said a witness who did not want her name used. "I just got my cart to do some shopping and it just happened so fast."

The witness was seen on the surveillance video. It shows just how close she was to the suspect. She walked by him, parked her cart in front of him while she walked to the scale quickly. When she walked into the store, the guard walked out.

It's not known how much money was stolen. The FBI is assisting in the investigation because a money carrier was involved.

A getaway driver was waiting in a gold Nissan Maxima and the robber and the driver have not been found. A stolen vehicle matching the description of the getaway car was found behind the store at a nearby apartment complex called Royal Arms Condos, police said.

Altamonte Springs police described the shooter as a black man wearing a long-sleeved plaid shirt with an orange or purple hat, possibly a Phoenix Suns baseball cap.